Little story of Saint-Amour
The evocative name of Saint-Amour is inherited from that of the Roman soldier Amor converted to Christianity who, fleeing the massacres of Swiss Valais, took refuge in Gaul. He founded a monastery installed on the peak overlooking the Saône valley. The culture of the vine finds its origins in the Middle Ages with the religious orders of the Chapter of Saint-Vincent of Mâcon.
During the Revolution, exactly in 1793, the name of Saint-Amour disappeared and it was called Bellevue. This will only last 3 years, before the town regains its name, and becomes Saint-Amour-Bellevue.
The AOC Saint-Amour was created by decree on February 8, 1946 under the leadership of Louis Dailly, convinced of the remarkable character of the terroir. Today a figurehead of the Beaujolais Crus, Saint-Amour has grown considerably in notoriety.
The Cru Saint-Amour is located in the commune of Saint-Amour-Bellevue (71).
The soils are marked by a great diversity because they can be composed of ancient alluvial clays or flint clays but also of sandstone, granite and shales or even limestone. The altitude is 240 to 320m with medium and moderate slopes.
Saint-Amour is from a morphological and lithological point of view, both complex and varied. We cross several geological units there before reaching the piedmont and alluvial formations.
On both sides of the granite and its sandy, even sandy-clayey soils, the meta-diorites and meta-basalts of « blue stones » mix with other rocks of gray-pink siliceous appearance. Very heterogeneous, these lands however have a strong typicity,
Domaine des Pins
Saint-Amour PDO: 8 ha.
Beaujolais villages Blanc: 0.3 ha.
Crémant de Bourgogne: 0.6 ha.
Varied soils: sandstone on the surface and deep clay with Folie and Cornillons, alluvial deposits and ancient piedmonts In Guinchay, Plasses and Pochieux, Bonet and Tête de Bonet granites.